girl it’s time to refill that love tank of yours….
Sometimes taking care of yourself can feel like an impossible feat. You may be struggling to get yourself off the couch and get motivated. You may already have reached a place of depletion and the negative, limiting thoughts have taken over. But we can’t let them win!
As a recovering people pleaser and perfectionist, I know how exhausting it can be to make sure everyone is always happy and served, before you take care of yourself.
*All the parents in the room, say amen* I mean isn’t that what being a parent is all about? Honestly, I don’t know because I’m not one, but I do know the sacrificial and selfless love it takes to run a smooth and happy household.
So today I want to give you 20 self-love practices that you can do to show your body and self that you love her … because friend,
you can’t pour from an empty tank.
and you are so needed so it’s time to show up for yourself and take care of her!!
- Start each day be telling yourself something really positive. How well you handled a situation, how lovely you look today. Anything that will make you smile.
- Fill your body with food and drink that nourishes it and makes you thrive.
- Move that gorgeous body of yours every single day and learn to love the skin you’re in. You can’t hate your way into loving yourself. Trust me.
- Don’t believe everything you think. This inner critic inside of us is our wounded inner child that is full of limiting beliefs. This is keeping you small.
- Surround yourself with people who love and encourage you. Let them remind you just how amazing you are.
- Stop the comparisons. There is no one on this planet like you and no one that can do your job like you. Remind yourself of this daily.
- You are unique and have a purpose. Remind yourself of this too. Make it your MANTRA!
- End all toxic relationships. Yes even the ones you want to hold onto. Don’t just stay in a relationship because you are scared to deal with the aftermath. Read more on that here.
- Step outside of your comfort zone and try something new today. Go to that workout class you’ve been wanting to try. Who cares if you look are at the bottom of the leaderboard, we all had to start somewhere!
- Celebrate your wins no matter how big or small. Tell yourself you are proud of her! Thank her for showing up for you!
- Embrace and love the things that make you different. This is what makes you, YOU!
- Take time out to calm your mind every day. Find a practice that centers and grounds you. Yes that even means if you have to lock yourself in the bathroom for 5 minutes.
- Look in the mirror and tell yourself that you love her. Literally say the words ” I love you” to your reflection. Repeat it until you believe it. Do this daily.
- Be mindful of what you think, feel, and want. Live your life in ways that truly reflect this.
- Follow your passions! Go after what you want! Life is too short to stay stuck in an unhappy place.
- Treat others with love and respect. Yes this means loving your neighbors and co-workers even when they don’t always deserve it.
- Forgive! If not for anything else, forgive for yourself! Carrying the weight of anger is bad for your health.
- Get that check up. Literally, call the doctor right now and schedule it. We need you here and need you to take care of your health.
- Call that therapist. Another appointment that needs to be made. Therapy is not only for broken people. Break that stigma.
- Put your hand over your heart. Feeling that beating? That is your purpose. Carry that with you every day. You are chosen and on purpose.