THIRTY, FLIRTY, AND THRIVING! TAL TURNS 30!
I have always been a huge fan of celebrating my birthdays growing up! I had more birthday parties at Chuck E Cheese than I can count fingers, I’ve spent my birthday’s in other countries traveling, and I’ve had the usual birthday dinners with friends. I knew I wanted my 30th birthday to be intimate and special and be more about quality friends than quantity and it couldn’t have been more perfect!
Here are my 5 tips to planning a successful birthday party!
- Pick a theme / create a vision – My theme was my favorite color and favorite print; so we did all things pink and palm leaves and incorporated it into every aspect of the night, complete with a flower crown and bohemian vibes.
- Choose your location based on your theme – I knew I wanted to keep the cost down for my guests, so we did a staycation to eliminate flight and travel costs.
We rented an adorable house on Airbnb and had a staycation slumber party, throwing it back to when we used to run the house as kids and have sleepovers! I can’t remember the last time I had a sleepover with all my best friends and I felt too old to have another birthday going out drinking around the town!
3. Use your connections and reach out to people – I know this will play into your budget, but to throw a good party, you will have to invest in it. Invest in your friend’s businesses, especially if they are a small business, just starting out.
I had the best party planner friend, Kera Sewell of Color Block Media, help me plan all the details for the party. I told her my vision for the night and a few of my favorite things and she brought the PARTY y’all! If you are in Atlanta and looking for a party planner, I couldn’t recommend her enough! We also had cookies made by her sister, Lydia of @crumbsandgrace and they fit the theme of the night perfectly!
4. Plan the main activity and talk it up in your invitations! We sat around the dinner table being served my favorite foods by a private chef! I met beforehand with our chef and we planned the menu for the night, starting with grilled cheese and tomato bisque shooters to chocolate dipped strawberries with a white chocolate glaze for dessert! I kept the menu a surprise for my guests, so they had something big to look forward to that night!
The rest of the night was filled with birthday cake that my sweet friend, Kristen Clary, from Boston made for me , dancing, and snuggling on the couch with popcorn and a movie! My heart was filled to the brim with gratitude of the people God has placed in my life! I can’t wait to make 30 the best year yet!
5. Always have a designated spot for photos to capture the night – Can’t forget the instagram photo op wall that my party planner made so perfectly! We created the hashtag #talturns30 and I had so much fun going back and looking through the photos my friends posted of the night! People will be more inclined to take photos if you set up a cute spot for them. This will create a buzz for your event and more people will share it and spread the word.
party planner @colorblockmediallc
cookie decorator @crumbsandgrace