California girls you’re unforgettable!
It has taken me entirely too long to write this blog post about one of my favorite, 24 hour getaways! Being born on the West coast but now living life on the East coast, I jump at any chance to visit California!
I reached out to my instagram fam for some suggestions and here are my top tips for a quick visit to San Diego! Not to mention this is the perfect city guide if you want to find the most instagrammable places in SD!
Go to North Park… like as fast as you can! I can’t say enough good things about this neighborhood! Dark Horse coffee, Nomad Donuts, and Pigment! There are so many cute shops, restaurants and breweries around here! Look for the pink wall outside of Pigment for that gram worthy shot. Shop Pigment literally has everything a girl could ever want in a store! From home decor to books and stationary to the cutest accessories! Perfect place for gifts, too!
- Bird Scooter to Holy Matcha for the most gram-worthy tea room you’ve ever seen! Please do yourself a favor and check out the bathroom too. Obsessed with the details in this place and the story behind it, too!
- Down the road from North Park is another favorite spot of mine… Communal Coffee! This unique take on a coffee shop is worth the visit alone! Both a coffee & flower shop because who doesn’t love coffee and flowers!
- If you have time, make sure to visit Balboa Park also! If you are looking for a place to do a photo shoot, especially an engagement shoot, this park is full of dreamy, clay colored buildings, feeling like you stepped back into old century Italy! My favorite spot is the Botanical building and Lily pond! Looking for another instagrammable spot? Go inside the dome greenhouse and you won’t be disappointed!
Here are a few suggestions that I didn’t get to visit this trip!
- Take the ferry to Coronado ($10 round trip) and bike to the Coronado hotel // apparently there is a pizzeria in the area ( Village Pizzeria Bayside) once you get off the ferry that has pizza and prosecco happy hour specials for dinner!! That sounds like my kind of spot!
- Eat at Ironside! Best fish sandwich ever
- Visit the seals and eat at ShoreRider restaurant in La Jolla
- Mira Mesa for breweries
- Barrio Logan has a place called Chicano Park for murals!